To all Keio students:
June 8, 2021
Travel overseas for Keio students planning to study abroad
Keio students planning to study abroad will only be permitted to travel overseas to countries/regions that have been designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) as Infectious Disease Risk Level 1; however, taking into consideration the progress of vaccinations, travel overseas to countries/regions designated as Level 2 or Level 3 will be permitted based on an application being made by the student and if all of the following conditions set out by the university have been met. Further details about applications, etc., will be announced at a later date.
If separate instructions have been issued by your undergraduate faculty or graduate school or by the organization that oversees the study abroad program, etc., please follow the application method and various conditions specified therein.
<Applicable travel overseas>
・All study abroad programs that run for a period of 3 months or more
<Main conditions for permitting study abroad>
- The student and his/her guarantor strongly desire for the travel overseas to take place
- The student and his/her guarantor both understand the Danger Level and Infectious Disease Risk Level set by MOFA, and the risk of traveling to a country/region designated as Level 2 or higher; the student and his/her guarantor will bear sole responsibility for any eventuality arising from traveling overseas
- In principle, the student will have completed his/her vaccination for COVID-19 (coronavirus disease) before departing Japan or the country/region in which he/she is currently located
- The student is enrolled in insurance with coverage for COVID-19
- The student will comply with the instructions of Keio University and the host university, etc., in the event that the Japanese government issues a recommendation to return home after he/she has traveled overseas
- The student can travel because the destination country/region has no restrictions on entry from Japan or the country/region in which he/she currently resides, and the necessary visa for travel is issued
- The student will confirm that he/she can meet the conditions for entering the destination country/region and is able to comply with any restrictions on conduct
- The student will confirm that the health system in the destination country/region is sufficiently well maintained and that he/she is eligible to receive medical treatment
- The host university, etc., is accepting students from overseas for study abroad and provides classes in person, online, etc.
- The student will confirm that measures against infections and a support system in the case of becoming infected are sufficiently in place at the host university