Cautions Regarding Online Course Registration
Course Registration for 2019 Spring Semester
1. Online course registration period
Period：Wednesday, April 10, 1:00 p.m. to Saturday, April 13, 1:00 p.m. Method: Through Gakuji Web System
※Please read SFC GUIDE 2019 Vol.2 (English version) 3. Course Registration (P.20-) / Graduate School of Media and Governance Guidebook 2019, Chapter 3 thoroughly.
※Students can register/update for courses as many times as they want during the online course registration period. Make sure to finalize your course registration as early as possible.
* During course the registration period, Gakuji Web System will be temporally stopped everyday from 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. due to maintenance.
※Following rules will be applied to students of Faculty of Policy Management and Faculty of Environment and Information studies who have not completed the course registration during the designated period. Rules:
- No usage of My-Timetable on SFC-SFS for a certain period of time
- Courses with restricting the number of students in a class cannot be registered even if students have been accepted in the class.
However, you can take up to 2 classes which you have been accepted to register. Also, Students cannot take courses offered at the other faculties or centers. *1
*1 Following subjects are specially permitted to register besides the 2 classes; Subjects of Language Communication, Subjects of Data Science, Fundamentals of Information Technology, and Research Seminars.
- Courses with restricting the number of students and with its number of students is more than 300 cannot be registered. (Excluding Requirement Courses)
- Courses held during school holidays such as "Study Abroad" and "Special Research Project", Required Courses etc. must be registered
2．How to log in to Gakuji Web System
Students can log into Gakuji Web System through SFC-SFS.
SFC-SFS > Gakuji Web > Start Gakuji Web System
Cautions Regarding Online Course Registration (Graduate School of Media and Governance)
Regarding the points to note for course registration, please read the Graduate School Guide 2019 (Chapter 3) carefully
- You can register or cancel a course from registration multiple times during the course registration period.
- If there are any errors whatsoever, all courses will be listed as "pending" in the right side column of the course list, and registration for all courses will be invalid. Please make sure all courses are listed as "registration complete" before finishing registration.
- Make sure to print your course registration list and logout prior to the end of the course registration period. You may also save the page as an html file or web archive.
- As a data saving measure, even during the registration period you cannot use the Gakuji Web System for one hour at 4:00am.
A Course Registration Confirmation Sheet will not be sent to you in the case that your registration is completed without problems. Make sure to confirm the courses you register for on the "confirmation for course registration status screen" on the Gakuji web system.
Registration Numbers of Unlisted on the Timetable and Project Courses / First Meeting of Project Courses
Registering for Courses Offered by Other Faculties or Graduate Schools of Keio University
- Year-round courses, Spring Semester courses, and Fall Semester courses that are offered by other faculties or graduate schools, or research institutes of Keio University must be registered for through the Gakuji web system by the Spring Semester course registration deadline. This excludes all courses offered at the Yagami campus (other than Teacher-Training Courses), the Graduate School of Health Management, SDM, and KMD.
- In principle, courses offered by other faculties or graduate schools of Keio University that are registered for in the Spring Semester cannot be canceled in the Fall Semester.
- When registering for courses offered by other faculties or graduate schools of Keio University, make sure to apply for registration through the Gakuji web system after obtaining permission of the faculty member in charge of the course.
- Courses offered by other faculties that have a student limit
Courses offered by other graduate schools of Keio University that have a student limit
Amendment of Course Registration:
Course Registration Amendment Period: May 7 (Tues) and 8 (Wed), 2019 9:15am to 4:50pm.
Where to Apply: A Building First Floor Academic Affairs Office
Refer to the Graduate School Guide 2019 for details on what may be changed during the Course Registration Amendment Period.
Course Cancelation Period: May 15 (Wed), 2019 10:00pm to May 16 (Thu), 2019 4:45pm.
*For course offered in the first half of the Spring semester and in Spring semester
Course Cancelation Method: Gakuji Web System
Courses can be cancelled except for those that are offered at other faculties or graduate schools that the main faculty or graduate school does not allow you to cancel. For details, please refer to the Graduate School Guide 2019.