Please select a faculty / graduate school from this menu.
To First year Ph.D. students and New Ph.D. students starting from April 2021 at the Graduate School of Science and Technology
The Graduate Schools of Keio University have the Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) System to foster young researchers who will play an important role in future research activity as well as to promote their career growth. We expect that first-year and new students in the Ph.D. program will proactively take advantage of this opportunity.
Also, we would like our faculty members to guide students at your laboratories who are qualified to apply following certain procedures.
|Application Period||January 19(Tue) - February 2 (Tue), 2021 by 4:00 pm|
|Place of Submission||Academic Services (1F on 25th Building)
or by Postal mail(Letter-pack), or by e-mailto gakuseika-su-yagami"@"adst.keio.ac.jp
When submitting, file in a paper folder in order below. Keep it in mind that the application documents will not be returned once they are submitted.
▶ Application Form 1
▶ Application Form 2
▶ Application Form 3
▶ Application Form 4
Research Associate(fixed term/research incentive) on a full-time basis / one-year contract
|Monthly basic salary||170,000 yen
*Tuition and fees are not exempted. Expenses such as transportation fee are not provided.
|Appointed Term||April 1, 2021- March 31, 2022
*First-year Ph.D. students can apply for continuation for the subsequent year
Nine appointees in Academic Year 2021(including appointees from the previous year)
Qualification requirements: First year Ph. D. students and new Ph. D. students starting from April 2021at the Graduate School of Science and Technology. New students starting from April can be appointed until the end of their second year. Students enrolled in September can be appointed until the end of fall semester in their third year.
1) Students who plan to take a temporary leave of absence or go study abroad during the appointed period are not allowed to apply for this position.
2) If a student do not execute the research plan described in the application for more than three months due to internship or other reasons during the specified period, the contract will be cancelled.
3) If a student awards a doctoral degree shorter than the standard duration, the contract will be cancelled at the completion of the doctoral program.
4) Those who correspond to any of the followings are not allowed to apply for this position.
- Students who have been selected as recipients of JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists in 2021.
- Students who have been selected as recipients of Monbukagakusho Government Scholarship.
- Students who have been selected as recipients of Fujiwara Scholarship or Yoshida Scholarship Foundation (Doctor 21).
For other scholarship recipients, please confirm your qualification at the Student Life Services.
5) The Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) is not allowed to be in any of the following positions.
- Salaried Program for Leading Graduate Schools Research Assistant
- Salaried GCOE Research Assistant
The Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) is allowed to participate in GCOE activities as an unpaid RA. In that case, he/she is not allowed to receive the reimbursement of expenses such as overseas business trip incurred in GCOE activities.
- Salaried Special Research Professors at KLL
6) In case of international students, there is a working rule which allows those students to work 28 hours per week and Research Associate fulfills this condition. Thus once international students are appointed as Research Associates, those students are not allowed to receive any salary from any other organizations or institutions.
The Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) is assigned to the Graduate school of Science and Technology. Yet he/she does not participate in its management and basically does not have any classes. Work assignments are as follows:
- Assisting in PR activities for School of Science and Technology
- Proctor for entrance exams and any exams within school of Science and Technology
PR activities include giving lectures at primary schools, junior high schools and high schools and assisting 'Open Campus' at Yagami campus. To conduct these activities, group activities are organized to improve oneself. IGP students have choice to have these work assignments in English.
- The Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) is allowed to work as TA in Keio or to take charge of tutorial hours and receive salary from those activities.
- Students who have selected as recipients of Fujiwara or Tamura Scholarships can also apply for the Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive). Yet they must withdraw the scholarships if they are accepted as the Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive).
- The Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) is not allowed to receive a doctoral program research grant offered by KLL. Once a student is accepted as the Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) while applying for the KLL research grant, he/she must withdraw the grant application for the grant immediately.
After screening led by the Research Associate (fixed term/research incentive) Candidates Selection Committee, the result will be notified in written form in March 2021. The appointment will be effective from April 1, 2021.
▶ Information on taxes, tax returns, health insurance and pensions