Refer to the academic calendar for the examination period.
Examinations may not be held on the same day, period and time as the corresponding classes. Therefore, students must confirm the Examination timetable carefully. If any amendment was made to the Examination timetable, a notification would be put on the student's own course page at "keio.jp Education Support System" .
Students can check their Semester-end Examination Timetable at SFC on keio.jp after the examination timetable is announced.
Students need to contact the academic affairs office at least one month in advance if they have any requests to take examinations for some reasons like health problems.
Notice for the Examinees
- Students must carry their Student ID Card. Place the Student ID Card without a plastic case on the aisle side of the desk for verification during the examination. (Applicable only to Ω(Omega) 11 and 21: Place the card on the front of the desk.
- Students who are not carrying their Student ID Card on the day of the Examination must apply for the temporary ID card, which costs 500 yen at the Registrar Section, Academic Affairs Office, first floor, Alpha Building. No consideration will be given for the time spent completing the procedure. Students are not permitted to enter the examination room without their Student ID Card or temporary ID card and it is not possible to change to a Makeup Examination.
- Any fraud related to examinations or papers will be dealt with severely. Grade D may be awarded for any courses taken in the semester in question. Refrain from any conduct which could be perceived as an act of dishonesty.
- If there are students who arrive late, they may enter the examination room but no time extension will be given for time lost.
Unlimited tardiness is allowed, but if you arrive late to take an exam, you will not be allowed to extend the exam time for any reason. Leaving a room during an examination without permission will be considered cheating (D for all courses taken in the semester).
- One students must sit per desk, even at two-person desks. (Applicable only to Ω(Omega) 11 and 21: Sit only in the seats marked with green stickers.)
- Items not required for the exam must be put in your bag and placed under your desk. Even if "All material Permitted" for Examination materials, all watches and clocks(wrist watches, table clocks, wearable devices, etc.) must not be brought to the examination room. And telecommunication equipment including wearable devices, cell phones, PHS, personal computers, electronic dictionaries, etc. are not permitted.
They must be switched off, put in your bag and placed under your desk. If your cell phone or PHS rings during the exam, the supervisor will temporarily confiscate the device, and it will be deemed an act of dishonesty.
- After the exam question sheets and answer sheets have been distributed, students are not permitted to leave the room until permission is given after the end of the examination. Leaving the room during an examination without permission will be deemed an act of dishonesty.
- Exam answer sheets must be submitted. If the answer sheet is removed from the room for any reason, it will be deemed an act of dishonesty.
- Note that the examination procedures and examination timetable of other campuses may differ from their course timetable.
Students who missed the examination for a course, due to illness or other unavoidable reasons, may be eligible to take the makeup examination. Please check the schedule. The application period and procedures will be announced on the keio.jp portal. Additional examinations will not be given for courses where examinations are held outside of the regular examination period, or where examinations are graded based on reports.
- Application Process and Period：Information will be posted on the keio.jp portal or the student website after the examintaion schedule is released.
- Valid grounds for applying for the makeup examinations:
- Illness or injury (Required documentation: Medical certificate indicating treatment on the day of the original examination)
- Delay in public transport services -commuting route in principle(Required documentation: Delay certificate) *A screening fee is not required in this case. It should be noted that examination start times may be moved back in the event of a large-scale public-transport system delay, and you should therefore always make every effort to reach the examination room.
- Funeral of a relative within the third degree of kinship (Required documentation: Letter of appreciation of chief mourner, etc.) *Attendance at Buddhist memorial services and weddings do not constitute grounds for granting permission.
- A final examination for a course being taken at another campus is scheduled to take place at the same time. (In such cases, you should give priority to the examination at the other campus and then apply to take a makeup examination for the SFC course offered by the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies) *A screening fee is not required in this case.
- Recruitment activities (only a part of employment screening) by students in their final year. (In such cases, be sure to consult with the Academic Affairs Office in advance.)
- Any other factor deemed unavoidable by an Academic Advisor.
Note that part-time work, volunteer activities, participation in tournaments, and the like are not considered valid grounds for taking makeup examinations
- Note that part-time work, volunteer activities, participation in tournaments, and the like are not considered valid grounds for taking makeup examination
- Makeup Examination Fee: 2,000 yen per course (The fee is exempted for makeup examinations taken due to a schedule overlap with the examination for a course taken at another campus, or a delay in public transport services.)
- Makeup Examination Timetable will be announced to eligible students.
- If schedule overlap with the examination for a course being taken at another campus occurs, students should take the other campus' examination as scheduled and apply to take the examination of the Faculty of Policy Management or Faculty of Environment and Information Studies course as a makeup examination.
- For makeup examinations for courses at other campuses, applications must be submitted at SFC. Be aware that the application period may differ from the one at SFC.
- Makeup Examinations will be applied for those courses during the Examination period.
- Applying for a make-up examination by false pretenses after having taken the examination will be deemed an act of dishonesty and will be dealt with severely.
- When completing the application at the Registrar Section, allow sufficient time to visit an Academic Advisor for an interview.
- Only those who have applied and been allowed during the designated period are eligible to take Make-up Examinations. If you are unable to take a Make-up examination, you will be afforded no additional opportunities to do so for whatever reason. (And your screening fee will not be returned.)
- Students must not come to school during the period when they are prohibited from attending school due to infectious diseases. Please make sure to apply by proxy. If you are unable to find a proxy, please consult with the SFC Academic Affairs Office in advance.