Examination Guidelines and Rules
Semester-end Examination Guidelines and Rules for Students
- Place your student ID card or temporary ID card on your desk at the upper right corner or on the side of the aisle. If you do not have your student ID card or a temporary ID card, you are not permitted to take the exams. If you have lost your student ID card, make sure that you have one reissued before the start of the exams. If you forget your student ID card on the exam day, go to the Office of Student Services and have a temporary ID card issued.
- Only permitted items may be placed on or in your desk. All other items must be kept in your bag placed at your feet.
- Even if the exam has no restrictions regarding prohibited items, all electronic devices--including communication and storage devices that allow students to fraudulently obtain information related to the exam content--are strictly prohibited. Devices include PCs, electronic dictionaries, mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, and smartwatches. These communication devices must be switched off, including the alarm function, and stored in your bag. Furthermore, these devices may not be used to track time.
- On your answer sheets, write in full (do not use abbreviations) the name of the faculty member in charge of the subject, subject name, your name, and your student ID number. Answer sheets without these details will not be graded.
- Bringing in and taking answer sheets out of the exam room is deemed a misconduct. You must submit your answer sheet, even if you have left it blank.
- Attendance sheets will be distributed after the start of the exam. Write your name and student ID number and pass it to the person behind you. If you have a temporary ID card, write "仮" or "temporary" in the field for student ID card.
- Lift your face up when the proctor comes around to check your photo on the ID card.
- If you arrive late (due to train delays, reissuing of student ID card, issuing of temporary ID card, etc.), but within twenty minutes after the start of the exam, you will be permitted to take the exam. However, you will not be given special consideration such as receiving extra time to complete the exam.
- If you arrive twenty minutes after the start of the exam, you will not be permitted under any circumstances (lateness due to train delays, reissuing of student ID card, issuing of temporary ID card, etc.) to enter the exam room.
- If a student has seen the exam questions, that student will not be permitted under any circumstances to take the makeup exam (e.g., arriving late due to train delays, leaving the exam room during the exam due to sickness).
*Check each faculty's bulletin boards for information regarding makeup exams.
- If you are leaving the exam room thirty minutes after the exam has started, take all your belongings with you, including your bag, and submit your answer sheet at the prescribed exit or to a proctor.
- You may not leave the exam room during the last twenty minutes of the exam. As soon as the proctor signals the end of the exam, stop writing.
- After the end of the exam, the proctor will check whether the number of answer sheets corresponds to the number of examinees as indicated on the attendance sheets. Remain seated until the proctor announces that you can leave the room.
- Exam timetable, permitted items, etc., are subject to change. Make sure to regularly check the "For Keio Students" website.
Exams start times and exam dates may change due to bad weather, etc. If the exams are rescheduled for unavoidable reasons, they will be administered either on a different date.